Share
Go down
avatar
Posts : 25
Join date : 2018-09-11
View user profile

Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:39 am
Upon entering the country of Albeth and following the main highway for a few days you come across the first and quite large city, as well as the first you've come across in the country. With walls, large plots of farmland on the outsides of the town and quite a few houses, and a very tall tower looking to be toward the center of town inside of the aforementioned walls, though not much security seems present in the town there are guards posted on the main gate to the cityl and on a few smaller towers to keep an eye out on the surrounding farm land. There is a river running through the town from West to East.
avatar
Posts : 27
Join date : 2018-09-04
View user profile

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:49 am
Castiel sees the town as a opportunity to gain more knowledge and with a ecstatic look on his face he greets one of the guards "Greetings sir, I would like to inquire about your town and if you by chance have a library or a magic shop here?"
avatar
Posts : 25
Join date : 2018-09-11
View user profile

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 am
"Well yes sir we have a library, though not a large one. And magic shops are in the mercantile district if we have one still, the last one got burned down by an unsatisfied customer, though I haven't much experience with advanced magics myself, I have dabbled in minor trickery"
The guard flicks a small flame which originated from the tip of his finger toward Castiel's face before the flame snapped out, though weak and dwindling it's undeniably magic "It's just a minor illusion, I mostly entertain some of the neighborhood kids with my magic"
avatar
Posts : 27
Join date : 2018-09-04
View user profile

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:49 am
Sloppyfondler wrote:"Well yes sir we have a library, though not a large one. And magic shops are in the mercantile district if we have one still, the last one got burned down by an unsatisfied customer, though I haven't much experience with advanced magics myself, I have dabbled in minor trickery"
The guard flicks a small flame which originated from the tip of his finger toward Castiel's face before the flame snapped out, though weak and dwindling it's undeniably magic "It's just a minor illusion, I mostly entertain some of the neighborhood kids with my magic"

"Ah! It is nice to see magic used for some good, continue to excel and eventually I am sure you can pass a number of wizards in their magic. I do feel nothing but sorrow for the shop but at least one could say everyone was fired.." He says panicking after uncontrollably making a pun. "Excuse my joke its a bit of a habit to say such manner of things, would you mind if I were to take a look around your humble town?" He says curiously.
avatar
Posts : 25
Join date : 2018-09-11
View user profile

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 am
"Yes sir, but keep in mind there are laws in place in the city on magic. Nothing potentially dangerous, necromancy is outlawed and using magic directly on any citizen is also illegal"
The guard allows you to pass in to the city, along the main road is a plaza mostly occupied by a few stalls selling wares and buildings on the outskirts, not many people are in the plaza, though it is fairly early in the morning and a few homeless people are loitering outside of a bakery.
A tailor, a smith, a general store, and a general goods store are easily discernable from the rest of the businesses of the town.
avatar
Posts : 27
Join date : 2018-09-04
View user profile

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:41 pm
Sloppyfondler wrote:"Yes sir, but keep in mind there are laws in place in the city on magic. Nothing potentially dangerous, necromancy is outlawed and using magic directly on any citizen is also illegal"
The guard allows you to pass in to the city, along the main road is a plaza mostly occupied by a few stalls selling wares and buildings on the outskirts, not many people are in the plaza, though it is fairly early in the morning and a few homeless people are loitering outside of a bakery.
A tailor, a smith, a general store, and a general goods store are easily discernable from the rest of the businesses of the town.
Castiel would think for a moment "I have no real dangerous magics myself I am more of a showman as well, it was lovely talking to you but I must get going and good morning to you." He would say after waving to him and going to the general store to get the items 10gp worth charcoal, incense, and herbs. He would go to the shop keep and present a list to him asking if he had such things and if not, where could he find more? He longed to make a companion after learning the spell but there were no shops that had the specific items he needed where he was from.
avatar
Posts : 25
Join date : 2018-09-11
View user profile

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:47 am
The shopkeeper, a dwarf, shorter than most other dwarves and dark haired with a bulbous nose and a short beard, by dwarven standards, was obscuring the bottom half of his face.
"Sorry lad I can get you some Charcoal and Incense, but you'd be better off finding herbs at the alchemist downtown, she runs the shop out of her home, a bit loony but she's not dangerous"
avatar
Posts : 27
Join date : 2018-09-04
View user profile

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:13 pm
Sloppyfondler wrote:The shopkeeper, a dwarf, shorter than most other dwarves and dark haired with a bulbous nose and a short beard, by dwarven standards, was obscuring the bottom half of his face.
"Sorry lad I can get you some Charcoal and Incense, but you'd be better off finding herbs at the alchemist downtown, she runs the shop out of her home, a bit loony but she's not dangerous"
"Its fine sir, just need these materials for my spells, I am fine with dealing with crazy, its a part of handling magic. But you have a good day sir!" He would say paying for the charcoal and incense and leaving to go downtown to find the alchemist.
Sponsored content

Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/AJ

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum