DnD Test
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story  Introductions/Dylan Empty Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/Dylan

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:03 pm
Upon entering the country of Albeth and following the main highway for a few days you come across the first and quite large city, as well as the first you've come across in the country. With walls, large plots of farmland on the outsides of the town and quite a few houses, and a very tall tower looking to be toward the center of town inside of the aforementioned walls, though not much security seems present in the town there are guards posted on the main gate to the cityl and on a few smaller towers to keep an eye out on the surrounding farm land. There is a river running through the town from West to East.

Last edited by Sloppyfondler on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story  Introductions/Dylan Empty Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/Dylan

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 pm
Walking down the main highway toward one of the gates is what appears to be a large man clad in strange armor with a cloak and mask that conceals his face. Walking closely beside him is a small red dragonborn probably no more than two years of age. The young dragonborn tugs on the cloak of the large man. He stops walking and bends down to meet the dragonborn at eye level the best he can.

"Do not worry Nala we will be fine," Says the man. The young dragonborn nods her head and they both continue to walk to the gate.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story  Introductions/Dylan Empty Re: Nicky's Campaign 1 on 1 Character/Story Introductions/Dylan

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:28 pm
The guards at the entrance see the man and child walking along with the group going through the gate into town but not necessarily with them, two guardsmen attempt to pull the strangers off to the side of the path asking them, "What are your names, and your business here?" The man seems not to be pulling them off to the side out of prejudice, but does look slightly bothered by something.
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 pm
"My name Venture," says the armored man. He gestures to Nala who is hiding behind his leg. "And this is Nala."
"We are here to stay for a while so I can do odd jobs around the city, I do not know how long we will be staying exactly," Venture continues.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:26 am
"Alright then, we've had a few fishy happenings around town, watch yourself and your child and you should be fine in the city," the guard allows Venture and Nala into the city without further questioning. The main road leads to a plaza filled with people, selling wares, offering services and some just preaching ideals, there are some obviously homeless people loitering toward the edges of the plaza trying not to upset people though a few of them look shifty.

There are a few flyers plastered on the wall of a shop, some of the flyers have been peeled off but for the most part they are undisturbed as if most aren't interested in what they have to say, "Come join the Dungeoneering Guild of Hightower today!! Coin and Comrades await!!
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:37 am
"Stay close to me Nala, we do not want to get separated," Venture tells Nala.
"Ok," she replies meekly while also sounding a bit tired. Venture looks at one of the flyer for a bit.
"Let us find an inn to stay in so you can rest," Venture says to Nala. Nala holds onto ventures hand and they begin to look for an inn.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:53 am
You see an inn at the corner of the plaza though it is run down somewhat. One of the window panels appears to be on the verge of falling off. You can hear some muffled argument through the loose window panel as you get closer to the door. It isn't very busy inside, so you can hear a human and a dragon-born's argument very clearly, as they are quite loud on top of the tavern being essentially empty. "...why'd you spend so much money on those, OVER 100 GOLD PIECES OUT OF THE GRANT MONEY ON MEASLY PIECES OF PAPER" the human shouts at the Dragonborn, not waiting for an answer the human walks out of the building bumping into Venture on the way out but not bothering to stop.
The dragonborn is still sitting at the table with his head in his hands, he looks irritated at whatever events just transpired

"Sorry about that sir!" presumably the owner of the establishment says as you continue into the building past the dragonborn who was getting up to leave as well
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:01 am
"It is no problem at all, my I inquire how much a room would be?" replies venture.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:15 am
"1 Gold piece a night, and if you'd like it will be half that for each night past the first," he waves his hand toward the back, "we do have a small kitchen..."

"FUCK OFF I'M NOT COOKING FOR THAT HALF ELF CUN.." The cook in the back comes out of the kitchen and cuts himself short "sorry I didn't realize there was a kid in here"

"First night's meals are on the house" the man at the counter says as he looks back at the cook.

After looking back at you the clerk tries his best to look cheery and reminds you on the offer of the room
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:42 am
"We thank you for your hospitality." Venture says giving a very subtle bow to the clerk. Nala mimicking venture does the same. Venture reaches into a small sack and hands the clerk 4 gold coins. "This should be enough for seven nights, am I correct?"
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 am
"Yes Sir, and any meals past the first night will included in the final fee as well sir" the clerk then gestures toward his book, "and may I get your, and the child's names?" The clerk has a pot of ink and a few pens behind the counter as well as 4 keys, presumably for the guest rooms.

The dragonborn from earlier gets up and asks the clerk "Do you guys have a spare room still, preferably with 2 beds, here's the money" after throwing a small sack of coins at the man without waiting for a reply and walking out of the building at a brisk pace.

"Well ok, and your names" the clerk says and turns back to Venture and Nala ready to start writing
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:59 am
"My name is Venture and my...daughter's name is Nala," Venture replies to the clerk. "And may I inquire you're name?"
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:07 am
After giving Venture his key he goes on to say "My name is Iggan the owner of this establishment, and in the back is my brother Grigor, he's the co-owner" while looking back and cupping his ear with his hand as if listening for something

"YOU'RE THE CO-OWNER" shouts Grigor, from the back.

"Is there anything else you need sir?" asks Iggan
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 am
"No, I have no further inquiries;" he says in a polite and friendly tone. Venture turns to look at Nala who shakes her head. "Iggan, would you kindly show us our room?"
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:26 am
Iggan leads you and Nala up the stairs to the right and past 3 other doors and gestures toward the last door in the hall. "That's it sir, inside is unfortunately only one bed and one couch, I hope that's okay?"
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:36 am
"No this is fine, again we thank you for your hostility," Venture and nala bow again. Venture kindley bids iggan good day and he and nala enter there room.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 am
Inside the room is a single bed, a nightstand, and a couch, on the outer wall facing East is a window, though there isn't much of a view, only the street below and other buildings

the room is neat and tidy but not very large
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 pm
Venture and Nala examine their room.

"Do think this room will be acceptable for us?" Venture asks Nala. Nala looks around the room and goes to sit on the couch.

"It's fine," she replies. Nala begins to rub her foot.

"Forgive me for making you walk so much," Venture says with the most apologetic tone he can express.

"Wha...no no it's fine, please don't worry about it," Nala replies in a frantic tone trying not to hurt Ventures feelings.

"Let us rest here for a bit and later we will see if I can acquire some food for you," Venture says as he places his weapons and shield next to the nightstand and sits next to Nala on the couch.

"Are you gonna join that guild?" Nala asks. Venture is slightly surprised by her response. "I..I saw you looking at the flyer."

"Maybe," Venture replies.

"If you do does that mean you'll go fight in dungeons and...and leave me alone here?" Nala asks

"Hopefully since  I would be a new member they will not have go too far away for too long," Venture replies. "Do not worry for now Nala, just get some rest."

"Ok," Nala says. Venture removes his cloak and gives it to Nala who uses it as a blanket. She falls asleep. After about two and a half hours Nala wakes up and both of them head downstairs to find food.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 am
Upon getting back downstairs to the dining area of the inn, Iggan is scooting around the room broom in hand collecting dust and debris off the floor and into a small copper pan
The dragonborn and the woman he was arguing with have returned, though it is darker out they seem no less lively in their arguing,
"Listen if we're going to get this guild off the ground then we need to stop wasting money on all these flyers is all i'm saying Turin"
"I get that Alena but a guild has members and we cant just walk around recruiting random people off the street, no one likes risking their lives for money"

Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:59 am
"Nala would find us a table, I am going to talk to them for a minute," venture says. As nala finds a table Venture walks up to the dragonborn and woman.

"Parton me, I hope I am not interrupting, I could not help but overhear, are you part of the dungeoneering guild?" Venture asks.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:59 am
Both the women and the dragonborn turn towards the stranger, silence and nothing but for a moment, but Turin speaks up first
"Yes we are, we're the founders of the guild, but we haven't been able to recruit anyone else, and we've been having a hard time getting people to be awar-"

Alena cuts in "Oh people are well aware, especially after all the money you wasted on those flyers"

Turin doesn't respond to the jab but instead turns back to Venture, "why are you asking?"
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:05 am
"I saw the flyer and I am short on coin, so I deduced that my skills would be well suited for the guild," Venture replied in anylitical tone.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 am
Turin gets out of his seat "As much as I would like to take you in off the street i'd prefer not to take in anyone that cant handle themselves, how do you care for some light sparring?"
Shadow Kaiju
Shadow Kaiju

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:28 am
"That sounds acceptable," Venture replied. "How is this done, do we need weapons or bare handed?" There was no hint of mockery or arrogance in his tone.
Sloppyfondler
Sloppyfondler

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:41 am
"What kind of weapon do you prefer, anything with a blade then just fists however"
The dragon born doesn't appear to have any weapons on him and seems.
"We could even take some bets if you would like to make a spectacle of it?" The dragonborn looks out the window to see mostly empty streets, the passing pedestrian here and there. "Don't think we'd get much of a crowd at this hour but i'm more than willing to get this over with whenever you'd like"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum